How to download the application program in TM258 PLC from SoMachine V3.1 via USB Message Storage Device and set the controller in Run Mode.
To download the application using USB message storage device into M258 controller and set it to Run mode, you will have to perform the following steps:
1. Compile your project to make sure there is no error in the project.
2. In MyController--> PLC settings set the Starting Mode to "Start in Run".
3. Rebuid your project.
4. Go to Project Option and select USB Message Storage.
5. In USB Message Storage window click on Macros Button and select the option Download App. This will insert three script in Download action.
6. Again click on add new in USB Message Storage to insert a new action.
7. Select this new action and from command drop down select the option Reboot. This will insert a new line in script as Reboot.
8. Make sure that you USB drive is formatted as FAT 32 format.
9. Click on Generate Button and give the path of USB drive.
10. In Message window you will see the message as Script generated successfully.
11. Safely remove the USB drive from your system and insert it into the PLC and power on the PLC.
12. You will notice that USB LED will start blinking. This indicate that Program Transfer is in progress.
13. At the end you will notice the USB LED become solid which indicate that application program is successfully downloaded.
14. Do not power off the controller but remove the USB from PLC. This automatically execute an reboot command and you can notice the reboot action of PLC.
15. After successful reboot controller will remain in Stop Mode.
16. To Start the controller simply Power off the controller and power on again. This action will put controller in Run Mode as we have selected the option Start in Run for Start Mode.
Make sure that if you want controller to put in Run Mode, Start in Run option must be selected otherwise all the time controller will reboot in stop mode because to update the Boot file, Scripts put controller in Stop mode and then after it always start in Stop mode as start in previous state is selected in Starting Mode.