What are the check points of SLF1 fault for Altivar 32 drive.
SLF1 is the modbus communication fault.means communication interruption on the Modbus bus.
Points to check in case of (SLF1):----
- Check the master state (RUN, stop…).
- Check if there is no network overload.
- Check the time out value (try to increase the value).
- Check the time between the sending of 2 Modbus requests (if the time is higher than the time out value, the drive can trip in fault).
- Use the Telemecanique cable with 2 pairs of shielded twisted conductors .
- Keep the Modbus cable away from the power cables (30 cm minimum).
- A reflection in a transmission line is the result of an impedance discontinuity that a traveling wave sees as it propagates down the line. To minimize the reflections from the end of the RS485-cable, it is required to place a line termination near each of the 2 ends of the bus.
- connect the cable shielding to the protective ground.