How to use the Command Interface to Change Configuration Registers of PM800 series meters.
Use the command interface to change values in selected metering-related registers, such as setting the time of day of the clock or resetting generic demand.
Two commands, 9020 and 9021, work together as part of the command interface procedure when you use it to change power meter configuration. You must first issue
command 9020 to enter into setup mode, change the register, and then issue 9021 to save your changes and exit setup mode.
Only one setup session is allowed at a time. While in this mode, if the power meter detects more than two minutes of inactivity, that is, if you do not write any register values or press any buttons on the display, the power meter will time out and restore the original configuration values. All changes will be lost. Also, if the power meter loses power or communications while in setup mode, your changes will be lost.
The general procedure for changing configuration registers using the command interface is as follows:
1. Issue command 9020 in register 8000 to enter into setup mode.
2. Make changes to the appropriate register by writing the new value to that register.
Perform register writes to all registers that you want to change. For instructions on reading and writing registers, see “Read and Write Registers” on page 26.
3. To save the changes, write the value 1 to register 8001.
NOTE: Writing any other value except 1 to register 8001 lets you exit setup mode without saving your changes.
4. Issue command 9021 in register 8000 to initiate the save and reset the power meter. For example, the procedure to change the demand interval for current is as follows:
1. Issue command code 9020 in register 8000.
2. Write the new demand interval to register 1801.
3. Write 1 to register 8001.
4. Issue command code 9021 in register 8000.
Refer to “Register List" of PM800 series meter for accessing the complete list.