How to Configure Load Thresholds in AP86** model ?
Path: Configuration > RPDU
View the load for the device, phases, banks, and outlets. The indicator in the green, yellow, and red
meter shows the current load status: normal, near overload, or overload. If a low load threshold was
configured, the meter will include a blue segment to the left of the green. When viewing the Device
Load, the triangle above the meter indicates peak load.
Note: The Rack PDU generates an alarm when any bank exceeds its rated value. However, if a
circuit breaker trips, there is no definitive indication that the circuit breaker is open, other than that
the current for that bank will drop. Set the Low Load Warning to 1 amp for these reasons:
• The default setting for the Low Load Warning is 0 amps. This effectively disables the
warning. With a setting of 0 amps for the Low Load Warning, the web interface will not
indicate that a circuit breaker may have tripped.
• A 1 amp detection threshold for the Low Load Warning for Bank Load Management will
help to indicate that a circuit breaker may have tripped.
To configure load thresholds
1. To configure load thresholds for the device, phases, or banks, make a selection from the
Configuration > RPDU > Device and Phase and Bank drop-down menu. To configure
load thresholds for outlets, click Configuration and then click an outlet.
2. Set Overload Alarm, Near Overload Warning, and Low Load Warning thresholds.
3. Click Apply to save your settings.