How to upgrade Firmware Through a Serial Connection for ATS Switch
We can use a local computer that connects to the Rack ATS through the serial port on the front panel of the unit.10.Repeat step 4 through step 9 to install the application module. In step 9, use the
application module file name, not the AOS module file name.
1. Obtain the individual firmware modules (the AOS module and the application module) from www.apc.com/tools/download.
2. Select a serial port at the local computer and disable any service that uses that port.
3. Connect the provided serial cable (APC part number 940-0144A) to the selected port and to the serial port at the Rack ATS.
4. Run a terminal program such as HyperTerminal, and configure the selected port for 9600 bps, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, and no flow control. Save the changes.
5. Press ENTER, repeatedly if necessary, to display the User Name prompt.
6. Enter the Administrator user name and password (apc by default for both).
7. From the Control Console menu, select System, then Tools, then File Transfer,then XMODEM; type Yes at the prompt to continue.
8. Change the terminal programís baud rate to match your selection, and pressENTER. A higher baud rate causes faster upgrades.
9. From the terminal programís menu, select the binary AOS file to transfer using XMODEM-CRC. After the XMODEM transfer is complete, set the baud rate to 9600.
The Rack ATS automatically restarts.