Is it possible to view on the L500 MV substation supervision system the MODBUS exchange frames between the L500 and the T200 devices?
The L500 incorporates a tool allowing consultation of the MODBUS exchange frames. This is the Cimway Audit program (Cwaudit.exe) located in the C:\Schneider Electric\L500 Supervisor\bin directory.
The program must be configured to show on screen only the part concerning frame management:
1. Start the program by double-clicking on the Cwaudit.exe file.
2. Click on the Trace option in the menu, then on CIMWAY 32.
3. Select only Driver 1 in the window that appears, then click on OK.
4. Click on the Trace option in the menu, then on Drivers and Driver 1.
5. Select only Bit 8.
6. The frames sent to the T200 devices are then displayed on screen in the form: …SendBuffer = [01 03 00 34...]
7. The frames received from the T200 devices are then displayed on screen in the form: …SendRecv us Return = [01 03 00 34...]Ok
Note 1: The frames received and understood by the L500 are displayed on screen with "Ok" at the end. Note 2: To display on screen the decrypted content of the frame, select only Bit 5 in the Driver 1 window. Note 3: It is possible to stop or start frame scrolling by clicking on Trace, then Start or Stop