How to Recover from a Lost Password in PDPM72F-R ?
Follow the below steps :
1. At the local computer, select a serial port, and disable any service that uses it.
2. Connect the provided serial cable to the computer and the port on the PDU.
3. Run a terminal program (such as HyperTerminal®) and configure the port for 9600 bps, 8 data
bits, no parity, 1 stop bit, and no flow control.
4. Press ENTER, repeatedly if necessary, to display the User Name prompt. If you are unable to
display the User Name prompt, verify the following:
– The serial port is not in use by another application.
– The terminal settings are correct as specified in step 3.
– The correct cable is being used as specified in step 2.
5. Press the Reset button on the back of the unit. The Status LED will flash. Press the Reset button
a second time while the LED is flashing to reset the user name and password to the default.
6. Press ENTER as many times as necessary to redisplay the User Name prompt, then use the default,
apc, user name and password. (If you take longer than 30 seconds to log on after the User Name
prompt is redisplayed, you must repeat step 5 and log on again.)
7. Select System, then User Manager.
8. Select Administrator, and change the User Name and Password settings from the default apc.
9. Press CTRL+C and log off. Return the local computer to its original configuration