ChallengesThe tagline of the International Maritime Organisation is clear: "Safe, Secure and efficient shipping on Clean Oceans". Besides safety, security and efficiency concerns, you are charged to reduce your greenhouse gas emission and reduce your carbon footprint in day-to-day business activities.
Our solutionsWith over 90 years' expertise in marine applications, Schneider Electric is a key player in the service of the military merchant marine and offshore industry. As a global specialist in energy management you can target energy savings of up to 30% to achieve sustainable business growth, applying energy efficient solutions from the early stages of your project and throughout the ship's lifecycle. We can meet your specific requirements, providing you with energy saving, green, safe and reliable ships. Our global service availability reduces immobilisation losses by up to 50%.
- Power Security: Optimisation of electrical power from gen-sets, load shedding and efficient distribution of loads, including electrical propulsion
- Information Availability: Alarm system for monitor of engines, fluids, power, fuel, auxiliaries, etc.
- Operation Efficiency: Management of engines, gen-sets, fluids, power & fuel consumption, pumps, compressors, lighting, cooling & ventilations systems, ship auxiliaries, etc.
- Green Ships: Less carbon and more energy efficient
- Security: For Mechant Marine – risks of terrorists & piracy, for Navy – safety systems for defence
- Global Services Availability: Expected service availability in major ports
What can Schneider Electric do?
- Power security and availability: through high performance LV/MV Electrical Distribution with Power Management Systems and UPS
- Reliable Motor Control and Automation: LV MCCs, MV Motorpact with motor starters and variable-speed drives, automation solutions and alarm monitoring systems
- Ship Management System: To be developed - a solution meeting needs of shipowners, comprising Citect and Automation offer.
- Energy Efficiency: Network studies and implementation of energy efficient methods
- Security for Merchant Marine: Access control and CCTV systems by TAC/Pelco
- Security solutions for Navy: Safety systems and defence applications
- Global Services Network: Multi-country service availability through SE entities at major ports