Beginnings 19th century
The Schneider brothers invest in the Creusot foundries and become major players in the steel and machine industry. Soon, Schneider & Cie. enters the emerging electricity market.
Reconstruction Early 20th century
After two world wars our company emerges as a diversified business that quickly expands into new markets, including construction and electricity.
Evolution Late 20th century
The Schneider Group grows through strategic acquisitions and focuses on the electrical industry, energy management and innovative technologies.
Today 21st century
With a unique portfolio of connected technologies: innovative products, software, solutions and services, we are the global specialist in energy management and automation.
The history of Schneider Electric in India
- 2014 - Schneider Electric completes the acquisition of Invensys and creates a unique player in Industry Automation
- 2011 - Acquisition of Luminous (the leader in the fast-growing Indian inverter and secured power market )
- Acquisition of Digilink, a leading structured cabling systems provider in India
- Acquisition of promoter shares of APW President by Schneider Electric
- 2010 - Acquisition of Uniflair
- Acquisition of Areva T&D
- Acquisition of Zicom's electronic security systems integration business
- 2009 - Launch of Bip Bop Sustainable Development Programme
- Acquisition of Conzerv (leader in Metering & Energy audits)
- Acquisition of Meher Capacitors (leader in Power Factor Correction)
- 2007 - Introduction of APC and Pelco
- 2006 - Establishing Projects and Services, For turnkey solution,Hyderabad factory
- 2005 - Introduction of TAC and VDI
- 2004 - Integration of Clipsal business
- 2003 - Inauguration of Baroda factory, SISC / GTCI, entering into residential market with UT offer
- 2002 - Establishment of Solution and Application Centre for Automation Projects
- 2000 - S & S Switchgear & CGLV acquisition
- 1995 - Schneider Electric : 100% subsidiary
- 1984 - J V With TMC
- 1963 - JV between Merlin & Gerin with Tata Sons & Voltas.
Our great adventure
1836Brothers Schneider acquire mines and forges at Le Creusot, France. Two years later they create Schneider & Cie.
1891Having become an armaments specialist, the company launches itself into the emerging electricity market.
1919The company expands into Germany and Eastern Europe via the European Industrial and Financial Union (EIFU).
1949In-depth restructuring led by Charles Schneider takes place after World War II.
1975The Schneider Group acquires an interest in Merlin Gerin, one of the leaders in electrical distribution equipment.
1981-1997The company divests from steel and shipbuilding and focuses mainly on electricity through strategic acquisitions.
1999The Group develops Installation, Systems and Control with the acquisition of Lexel and adopts its current name.
2000-2009Period of organic growth and acquisitions in new market segments: UPS, movement control, building automation and security.
2010-Schneider Electric further reinforces its position in software, critical power and smart grid applications.
Today and tomorrowWe develop innovative, connected technologies and solutions for safety, reliability, efficiency, and sustainability.
History of our brandThroughout history, we have made many technological breakthroughs and strategic choices. Discover some of the business acquisitions that helped build our unique position and technology portfolio.
- APC Leader in single-phase UPS and critical power protection systems acquired in 2007
- Clipsal Founded in 1920 in Australia, this electrical accessory product brand was acquired in 2004
- Feller Founded in 1909, this Swiss company was acquired by Schneider Electric in 1992
- Foxboro The Foxboro brand was acquired by Schneider Electric in January 2014
- Invensys A global technology company with 3 business segments acquired in 2014
- Lauritz Knudsen As part of the acquisition of Lexel, Lauritz Knudsen joined Schneider Electric in 1999
- M&C Energy Group In May 2011, we acquired M&C Energy Group to broaden our services and solution portfolio
- Merlin Gerin Acquired In 1992, the brand’s products, solutions and services joined our electrical distribution offer in 2009
- Merten A pioneer in solutions for intelligent buildings, acquired in 2006
- Pelco A leader in the video and security industry, a part of our Buildings business since 2008
- Square D In 1991 we acquired Square D, an innovative company in the electricity and automation management markets
- Summit Energy In March 2011, we acquired Summit Energy to broaden our energy management services and solution offer
- TAC We acquired TAC in 2003, and in 2009, TAC's offer was migrated to the Schneider Electric brand
- Telemecanique A leader in industrial automation and control, acquired by Schneider Group in 1988
- Telvent A global IT solutions and information services provider acquired in September 2014