Schneider Electric has developed initiatives from global and local teams to promote a diverse and inclusive culture, gender equality, women's networks, leadership programs and forums. Thirty diversity and inclusion ambassadors are part of the network in our major countries, deploying the company's policy across the globe. This includes: Diversity days, maternity leave policy, network activities, women leaders events, gender workshop for leaders, women in leadership programs and more.
Her 2nd InningsAccording to a study by Center for Talent Innovation (a nonprofit research group focused on minority groups in the workplace ) - Nearly 90% women professionals attempt to resume their careers after a break, but only 40% land full-time jobs, 25% of women who attempt to resume their careers take part-time jobs, and roughly 10% become self-employed.
To address this issue and take forward our mission to foster Diversity & Inclusion, Schneider Electric India launched an initiative 'Her Second Innings' during the Women's day celebration in March 2016 aimed at providing opportunities for women professionals who are looking to restart their career journey after taking a break.
This is a positive step towards empowering and energizing women who had taken time off to address personal exigencies.
Ambassador Speak: This initiative has really helped me get back to my professional life and I truly feel will empower women pool who discontinued their job because of various reason. Her Second Innings’ will help many women like me in coming back to workplace, and design broken career once again.
Ambassador Speak: Due to a career gap in my resume, it was difficult to get the right opportunity in an organisation. Through HerSecondInnings, Schneider has given my career a second chance and helped me start from where I left. The organization’s women friendly policies have further supported me to meet my deliverables at the best of capacity.
Prerna Awards• As part of our commitment towards ‘Women Empowerment’, Schneider Electric is committed to the cause of Diversity and Inclusion and extended the commitment to society in general
• To cement our commitment, we institutionalized the Schneider Awards known as ‘PRERNA AWARDS’ in 2015
• These awards aim at recognizing the contribution of small scale women entrepreneurs who have started their own business and have succeeded against odds. Objective of these awards is to recognize women who have been bold enough to break the traditional mindsets and worked in male dominated sectors and have also worked in empowering other women in the society through employment or skill building
• These awards are running for the last 2 years now.
Starting as a first generation entrepreneur she has been able to grow the company from 5 PWD’s to close to 1500 PWD’s.
Her vision is to employ 5000 PWD’s by 2020. Vindhya serves customers who are one of the top 3 in their respective domains. She is a commerce graduate from Bangalore University and was pursuing her Chartered Accountancy at the time of founding Vindhya.
Few significant contributions include- end to end program on women hygiene and menstrual health, focuses on awareness (educating girls about hygiene and health), usage, disposal & comfort stations.
One of Kala's initiatives is also focused on skill girls/women who are burn victims and marketing their products to generate modest revenues that are ploughed back into the venture. This program creates opportunities to skill and provide gainful employment for these women. Kala has done some ground breaking work on women centric causes as cited above.
Signatories of Women Empowerment Principal
• The Women's Empowerment Principles are the result of collaboration between the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) and the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC). The CEO Statement of Support for the Women's Empowerment Principles gets the business leaders to signal their support for the overall goal of advancing and empowering women and specifically, the guidance offered by the WEPs. Over 600 chief executives of companies around the world have signed the agreement.
• The signing of the WEP reaffirms the organisation’s commitment and belief towards the objective of women empowerment and equality in the organisation. These principles offer seven steps to guide business on how to empower women in the workplace, marketplace and community. Subtitled Equality Means Business, the Principles underscore the business case for corporate action to promote gender equality and women's empowerment.
Principal sponsor of NHRD Summit
• Good visibility for Schneider with the following:
• Key note address by Olivier Blum
• First ever Schneider Electric Women Awards ( Prerana Awards) being given by Anil Chaudhary.
• Panel discussion chaired by Rachna – ” How to build a sustainable pipeline of women leaders “ • Schneider Electric sponsored the 4th National Summit on Gender Balanced Leadership held on Feb 15th & 16th @ Bangalore. Schneider electric had an impactful presence through the following:
• Ms. Chris Leong, Global CMO was the key note speaker
• Mr. Anil Chaudhry presented the 2nd edition of Prerna Awards
• Ms. Annette Clayton, EVP Global Supply Chain was one of the panelist on the topic of “The Impact of Diverse Leadership on Business & People Metrics”
• Ms Rachna Mukherjee, HR, India chaired the session on “Women in Leadership Positions”
• Ms Niharika Mohan, HR, chaired the session on “4 M: Marriage, Maternity, Mobility and Medical Care”
• Session was concluded by Ms Meenal Jadhav, Talent Management & OD