Schneider Electric recognised by Catalyst for advancing gender equality and inclusion
- Schneider Electric is one of four companies to receive the 2019 Catalyst Award
“Schneider Electric’s commitment is to provide equal opportunities to everyone, everywhere, and to ensure that all our employees feel uniquely valued and safe so that they can contribute to the best of their potential,” said Olivier Blum, Global Chief Human Resources Officer and Executive Vice President at Schneider Electric. “Our inclusion on Bloomberg’s GEI, and the prestigious Catalyst Award, demonstrate our strong performance in Diversity and Inclusion, both at the global and country level.”
Catalyst praises Schneider Electric’s extraordinary progress in India
The Catalyst Award celebrates innovative organisational approaches with proven, measurable results that accelerate progress for women through workplace inclusion. Schneider Electric is one of four organisations receiving the award this year alongside Bank of America, Deutsche Post DHL Group and Elli Lilly. The company is recognised for Schneider Electric India’s holistic approach to gender inclusion attracting and retaining women in Schneider Electric India.
To assess the Group, Catalyst engaged Schneider Electric India leaders and employees in an extensive evaluation which includes documentation reviews, phone interviews and onsite visits. In Delhi and Bangalore Schneider Electric Offices, Catalyst was impressed by the results inclusion has brought to the organisation in a country where gender equality is a big concern.
Schneider Electric India’s holistic approach comprises:
- Robust recruiting and retention programmes, including targeted campus hiring and outside sector recruitment, intentional recruiting and retention of people across the various dimensions of diversity, including disability and LGBTI.
- Efforts to re-engage women following a career break through programmes such as Her Second Innings, which eases women professional’s transition back into the workforce.
- Men’s engagement and inclusion in all aspects of the initiative to encourage and support their participation as allies and champions.
- Flexible work arrangements for all. Many employees have stories about their ability to work remotely for extended periods with the support of their managers and colleagues, to care for sick loved ones. Additionally, more fathers are taking parental leave.
From 2015 to 2018, the impact of the initiative has been increasingly tangible, with women’s representation increasing across all levels 15.9% to 20.8%, despite an overall workforce shrinkage of 5%, and women’s voluntary attrition rates shrinking by almost half.
Schneider Electric India’s recognition is a testimony to the broader diversity and inclusion transformation led by the company at the global level. By focusing on inclusion for all, Schneider Electric’s achievements in India are an example of the company’s overall ambition to provide equal opportunities to everyone while creating both physical and psychological safety for all employees.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is leading the Digital Transformation of Energy Management and Automation in Homes, Buildings, Data Centers, Infrastructure and Industries.
With global presence in over 100 countries, Schneider is the undisputable leader in Power Management – Medium Voltage, Low Voltage and Secure Power, and in Automation Systems. We provide integrated efficiency solutions, combining energy, automation and software.
In our global Ecosystem, we collaborate with the largest Partner, Integrator and Developer Community on our Open Platform to deliver real-time control and operational efficiency.
We believe that great people and partners make Schneider a great company and that our commitment to Innovation, Diversity and Sustainability ensures that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.