Varplus thyristor switch
Thyristor switch range From 5 KVAr to 60KVArEnd of commercialisation
Varplus Thyristor switch modules are proposed for switching capacitors without transient currents, normally associated with electro mechanical contactor switching. An unlimited number of switching are made possible, without applying significant stress to the capacitors.
- Elimination of Inrush current
- Compact size
- Easy installation
- Status display
o AC. supply ON
o Command signal ON
o Current Line 1 ON indication
o Current Line 2 ON indication
o Current Line 3 ON indication
- Cooling fan runs only when the command signal is made available to the Switch.
- Over Load trip like over current and over temperature.
- By-pass contactor provision made available to avoid power losses.
o Self – Diagnoses
o Thyristor open
o Thyristor short
- IEC 60947-4-3
- 5 to 60 kVAr
- Fast switching for dynamic loads
- Faster power factor compensation
- Elimination of inrush current in Electrical network.
- Elimination of surge current, the life of capacitor is enhanced.
- Elemination of Inrush current results in elemination of Voltage dips in the system.
- Highly Fluctuating loads such as
- Steel Rolling mills
- Welding machines
- Automobile industry
EcoStruxure™ for Your BusinessEcoStruxure lets you thrive in today's digital world. Make better business decisions with scalable and converged IT/OT solutions. Learn more
Reach UsHave a question, complaint or is there some feedback you’d like to send us to make your experience with Schneider Electric better? Contact an expert
FAQEasily find and share the answer you are looking for from our online FAQ service. Browse FAQ
Find a distributorFind your nearest Schneider Electric distributor or supplier Where to buy
Need InformationBrowse our resource section and find the most useful tools and documents for all our products Sign up and reserve your spot
Get a quoteSchneider Electric India Price List Get your copy