• Blackstone is one of the world’s largest private equity firms, managing more than $365 billion in assets. To stay ahead in a competitive market, the company looks for every opportunity to save and is quick to move and capitalize on smart investments.
• Blackstone oversees operations across multiple industries and geographies – a portfolio with a sizeable energy spend.
• To manage resources and expenses, Blackstone needed actionable energy and sustainability data for the companies it owns and supports.
• “It’s critical to handle each region with some level of consistency. We’re a data-driven organization. And I approach sustainability the same way. I have to have good data no matter the location,” said Don Anderson, Chief Sustainability Officer at Blackstone.
Connectivity and Efficiency with EcoStruxure™
Apps, Analytics & Services : Resource Advisor enterprise data management platform
Energy & Sustainability Services : Energy consulting and strategic energy sourcing
• Working with Schneider Electric, Blackstone developed an aggressive energy-management and sustainability strategy.
• Blackstone uses EcoStruxure™ Resource Advisor, a cloud-based platform that captures and normalizes energy and utility data at all levels of the company’s portfolio, from individual sites to regional cross sections.
• The technology is paired with an Energy & Sustainability Services consultant from Schneider Electric, dedicated for each site. These experts help interpret the data, and pinpoint and act on opportunities for efficiency improvements.
• Data from Resource Advisor allows Blackstone to negotiate contracts with utilities and other suppliers, getting the right source of energy at the lowest possible rates.
• The data is also used to develop sector-specific scorecards, which are automatically updated to drive program participation across critical KPIs.