Dow Corning customer storyBy implementing the EcoStruxure Plant architecture, including EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS and modernization services, Dow Corning improves their operational efficiency, reliability, safety and profitability.
The Challenge• Upgrade legacy system to control potential operational safety and reliability risks.
• Execute the project at low cost, low risk with reduced time to production.
• Provide seamless transition to new technology for operations team.
The SolutionImproving operational safety, reliability and profitability with EcoStruxure™ Plant
Apps, Analytics & Services : Modernization services
Edge Control: EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS
• Proactively mitigate risk by upgrading their legacy control and I/O modules to new technology.
• A plug-and-play approach that brings early production at lower cost:
• Retain existing infrastructure, field wiring, and most of their software
• New 1X8 upgrade cabinets configured to match up with existing installation
The Results• Reduced project risk and cost due to preservation of infrastructure
• Project executed 50% faster than planned
• Reduced CAPEX by 50%
• Added 2 extra days of production leading to a faster time to profit
Key FactsCarrollton, Kentucky is one of Dow Corning’s manufacturing sites used for the production of siloxanes (basic silicone materials) which are used extensively by industries such as electronics, personal care, construction and energy.
The Carrollton, Kentucky site is one of the largest silicone materials production facilities in the world.
The site produces silicone fluids, blends, emulsions and intermediate materials.
The materials produced at the Carrollton site are used in many of Dow Corning’s 7,000 products.
Discover our offer
EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS
The only DCS that provides measurable operational profitability improvements and a future-proof architecture, enabling 100% ROI in less than one year.
DCS Migration and Upgrade
Upgrading your control system is easier than you think.
Turn industrial automation into the Profit Engine of your business with EcoStruxure™ Plant
Benefits• The 2 extra days of production led to more revenue.
• EcoStruxure Foxboro DCS improves the profitability, safety, efficiency and reliability of their operations
• As a result, Dow Corning can realize cost-savings and greater throughput, positioning themselves to drive measurable operational profitability improvements, safely.
Modernize to improve profitability