Helping the eye-experts focus Bringing new life to an aging infrastructure
EcoStruxure for Healthcare enables Moorfields Eye Hospital to bring patient safety and operational efficiency to a new level, thanks to innovative building management and power monitoring solutions.
The challenge• The hospital is over a century old and the aging infrastructure needed updating.
• Several older, but valuable building systems needed to be integrated into a centralized platform.
• With a worldwide reputation to uphold, the hospital could not afford major disruptions.
The solutionEfficiency and Patient Safety with EcoStruxure for Healthcare
Edge Control: EcoStruxure Building Operation (formerly known as SmartStruxure), the hospital’s building management system, has allowed Moorfields to integrate their building systems into one proper platform, resulting in reduced operating costs, and less man-hours maintaining systems. EcoStruxure Power Monitoring Expert provides medical staff with critical environment and power information to ensure patient safety during surgeries.
Connected Products: A Real Time Location System (RTLS) solution provides a better understanding of patient journeys throughout the hospital. Gaining insight into where and how long patients spend their time is vital to improving patient experiences with the intent to reduce wait times.
Results• Improved power monitoring for hospital operating theaters.
• Reduced operating expenses.
• Improved staff productivity due to less man-hours needed to maintain the systems.
• Reduced complexity thanks to one interface to monitor and control the hospital infrastructure.