Guestroom energy consumption accounts for 40 to 80% of total energy use across the hospitality industry. Hotel managers can help to maximize energy efficiency benefits derived from improvements.
- Installation costs: Wireless systems can help minimize costs without restricting daily operation.
- Management strategy: Develop effective strategies based on real data.
- Individual room efficiency: Identify and rent the most efficient rooms first to help boost profitability.
- Property size: Larger hotels with multiple rooms may see an even faster ROI by turning off energy during slower business periods.
- Location: Local climate and variations in energy costs impact energy consumption and the ROI of an energy management system.
- Demographics: Guest demographics can be an indication of occupancy patterns and a guide to achieving optimum energy system settings.
- Incentives and funding: Many local, state, and federal governments are offering incentive programs and funding packages for the installation of renewable and energy-efficient technologies.