Severe weather, can substantially impact your operations. Lightning can strike substations, high winds can bring down branches, ice can snap lines, and hurricanes can be particularly catastrophic. All have the potential to leave thousands without power. Additionally, the weather impacts demand for power more than any other factor, which in turn drives prices.
SolutionSchneider Electric’s complete suite of solutions for electric utilities help you to better anticipate potential outages due to severe weather and lightning, and make better load forecasting decisions.
Schneider Electric's weather solutions deliver reliable and accurate weather forecasts to help utilities:
- Improve grid stability through better load and generation forecasting.
- Reliable load forecast data feeds, fueled by the top-rated temperature forecasts in the industry.
- Specialized wind and solar power forecasts to better optimize usage of renewable energy sources.
- Anticipate potential outages due to severe weather,reduce service interruptions, and better schedule crews.
- Help pre-position crews for optimal post-storm response to outages.
- Make more informed mutual assistance decisions.
- Reduce outage duration and revenue loss, while improving customer satisfaction.
- Power your load forecasting engine with the top-rated temperature forecasts in the industry.
- Customizable weather alerts, so you can stay on top of changing conditions at your exact location.
- Online consultations with professional meteorologists, providing you answers to your weather questions within minutes, day or night.
- Critical weather information and alerts available anywhere - via computer, tablet, or smartphone device.
Be more confident in your decisions with exclusive, online consultations with our professional meteorologists, for fast answers to your important weather questions, any time of the day or night.
Improve load forecasting decisions with the industry's most accurate temperature forecasts for the last eight consecutive years, based on an independent study.
Pre-position crews and better anticipate issues with patented, customizable weather alerts for your service territory, via email or mobile device.
Support smarter mutual assistance decisions with our Energy Event Index with one-to-five rated, color-coded weather risk forecasts that can help you easily anticipate threats days in advance.
Streamline important decisions across your entire enterprise with weather web services API that easily integrate highly accurate observations and forecasts into applications for both visualization and analytics.